Reading Anselm: Context and Criticism

A conference to be held at Boston College, 27-30 July 2015.

For more details go to conference website.
This Blogsite is dedicated to the work and legacy of Anselm of Aosta, Bec and Canterbury, who died in Canterbury on 21 April 1109.

© 2008-2015 Ian Logan. All rights reserved.
To notify me of recent publications, forthcoming events or anything of interest to Anselm scholars, please contact me using the form provided:


Sunday 21 December 2008

Reading Anselm's Proslogion

Another event in 2009 is the publication of my book, Reading Anselm's Proslogion: The History of Anselm's Argument and its Significance Today, details of which can be found at the website of the publisher, Ashgate.
It is the outcome of my interdisciplinary work on Anselm: palaeography, historical research, theology and philosophy. It contains parallel Latin/English texts of the Proslogion, Pro Insipiente and Responsio. I chose not to use the text of Schmitt's edition (S. Anselmi Opera Omnia), but to produce my own transcription of the text from Ms.Bodley 271, which I have argued has an important place in Anselm Studies. See my article, 'Ms Bodley 271: Establishing the Anselmian Canon?' in The Saint Anselm Journal, Vol 2.1 (Fall 2004) 67-80. It can be downloaded as a pdf file here.

2 comments:

Eric Matthews said...

I think the link to the book is wrong.

Ian Logan said...

Thanks, I've corrected it.